Sat, 15 Apr|
SUP Surf Beginners
Get into the waves and learn to surf and kick start your progression with our beginners SUP Surf Course
Time & Location
15 Apr, 09:30 – 16 Apr, 16:00
Newquay, Fistral Beach, Newquay, UK
About the Event
Are you looking to get into SUP surfing but don't know where to start? Or are you catching waves already but stuck with what to do next? Yes - well, this one is for you.
You will learn the techniques, skills and knowledge to catch waves confidently, be safe in the water and begin your surfing progression during our Beginners SUP Surf Camp.
So what will you learn?
- Techniques - How to catch and ride waves. What to do with the paddle, and how to start or progress your turns.
- Skills - Position yourself to catch more waves. Get out back with confidence and teh basics of footwork to improve your surfing.
- Knowledge - Using forecasts, apps and reports to predict the best conditions, read the water, and understand the surf zone's hazards.
- Equipment - Understand the basics of SUP surf equipment and how the right kit will help your progression.
- Different waves and breaks - how can you tell if it's a beach break? Are there rocks to avoid and understand why a particular wave is breaking as it is.
- Coaching - Two days with our SUP Surfing coach to take you from humble beginnings to catching plenty of waves.
- Equipment - SUP Surf-specific hardboards are available if you don't have your own (please bring your own paddle, wetsuit and wetsuit boots)
- Breakfast or Lunch - Within your ticket, either Breakfast or Lunch on Sunday is included
If you require a SUP surfboard, choose the appropriate ticket, which includes board hire. We use SUP Surf-specif hardboards from leading market-leading brands.
Beginners SUP Surf
From £125.00 to £250.00
Full 2-day or single-day tickets (board hire not included)
From £125.00 to £250.00Price optionPriceQuantityTotal
2 Day Ticket
+£6.25 service fee
+£6.25 service fee
+£1.13 service fee
SUP Surf-specific hardboard
+£1.13 service fee0